MDOT is in the real estate business!
The first of its kind, the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) was created specifically to coordinate priority and financing for all forms of Maryland public transportation, on behalf of the Governor and Legislature.
MDOT is comprised of: The Secretary's Office (TSO), State Highway Administration (SHA), Maryland Port Administration (MPA), Maryland Transit Administration (MTA), Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA), Maryland Aviation Administration (MAA) and the Maryland Transportation Authority (MdTA).
MDOT TSO Office of Real Estate and Economic Development (ORED):
- facilitates Transit Oriented Development (TOD) projects;
- generates tax revenue for the State by disposing of excess departmental real estate;
- provides real estate-related policy development and oversight;
- implements innovative financing and delivery mechanisms for large infrastructure projects;
- enhances communities through high-priority economic development-related projects; and
- strives to be an entrepreneurial, business- oriented organization, interfacing with Maryland's development community.
Our website is designed to answer your questions and properly set expectations for working with the State of Maryland in a real estate transaction. We do have bona fide public sector constraints, but we also have a team of real estate professionals who are trained in the private sector. They understand the way you like to run your business and accomplish your objectives. Welcome to our site and our possibilities!